Mandatory Screening of Visitors Prior to Entry:
Visitors to the Centreville Hospice Center will be screened using the Compass Regional Hospice COVID-19 Screening Tool prior to being granted entry into the hospice center.
Visitors to the Kent Hospice Center will be screened by UMMS COVID-19 screening tool by security before entrance to hospice center.
Visitor Policy: Effective May 4, 2021:
- Visiting Hours will be from 10am-7pm daily.
- Each patient is permitted to have four (4) visitors per day to minimize the number of people in the facility.
- Visitors must be screened for COVID-19 and have their temperature taken before entering the center. Individuals with symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must wear a surgical mask or N95 the entire time they are in the building, including the patient’s room.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room during visitation, visitors should utilize the patient bathroom and use the call bell for any needs.
- Visitors may not repeatedly enter and exit the building.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- In accordance with the Maryland Department of Health and the Maryland Department of Disabilities mandate, the patient is entitled to designate up to two (2) support persons who are identified as the primary caregiver. The primary caregiver(s)/support person(s) shall be granted priority for visiting during the defined visiting hours.
- As patients approach their final days, our team will work with the primary caregiver on any additional visitation accommodations needed.
Our visitation policy for patient’s positive for COVID-19 is as follows:
- In addition to the policies above, visitors must comply with the personal protective equipment (PPE) precautions designated by Compass.