Our specially-trained counselors, social workers, and spiritual counselors provide compassion and understanding to patients and their loved ones.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Compass' bereavement team offers grief services and support to adults, children, and families. Our specially-trained counselors, social workers, and spiritual counselors provide compassion and understanding to patients and their loved ones.
Our Hope & Healing Center located in Centreville, provides a tranquil space for one-on-one counseling, family counseling, and larger group gatherings and workshops. Our personalized support helps patients and their loved ones navigate the emotions that come with a serious diagnosis and loss—helping families celebrate life, prepare to say farewell, and learn healthy ways to manage their grief.
Programs & Services
- Monthly grief support groups for adults
- Specialized grief support groups tailored to those who have lost a child or a partner, or those who have lost a loved one to suicide or a substance passing
- Individual and family counseling
- One-on-one grief counseling for children and teens
- School-based grief counseling and support groups (grades K-12)
- Camp New Dawn, an overnight grief support summer camp for children, teens and families
- Remembrance events
- Holiday workshops
- A library of books, videos, and other resources
- Non-denominational spiritual support with prayer or thoughtful discussion
View our Events Calendar for upcoming service offerings, or call 443-262-4100 for more information about programs and services.
What is the cost for grief services?
All of our grief services are free of charge and open to anyone in our community struggling with the loss of a loved one. There is no requirement for your loved one to have been a hospice patient.